Code of Conduct
The Institute exists to promote the highest professional standards in our field. To this end the Institute has a Code of Conduct for members with which members must comply. Members may download the document from this link when logged into the site.
Non-members may request a copy from email@example.com
IPROW respects the privacy of both its members and any individuals who contact IPROW and is committed to protecting personal information.
Personal data is defined as any information that can be used to identify an individual and includes names, contact details and employer. This personal data will be subject to the appropriate legal safeguards as specified in the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the 1998 Act”) and the General Data Protection Regulations.
What data we collect
IPROW processes your personal data when dealing with membership applications and renewals, bookings for training courses, and other enquires relating to the organisation. We will use your name, contact details such as an address or email address and may also take a telephone number.
Why we collect personal data
IPROW processes personal data for its legitimate business interests namely to effectively represent our members and carry out our core functions, namely membership services, training and the delivery of our website and journal ‘Waymark’. Members of IPROW will also be sent updates and news via email. This does not affect your rights as a data subject.
We will keep these details only for as long as they are needed. We will publish more information on our website in the near future around the protocols we will follow around data sharing and retention.
Data is stored securely on web based servers and some local hard drives which are password protected. We will work with our service providers to ensure their storage complies with GDPR rules. Some of our records are paper based and we will work towards only retaining those records which are legally and practically required.
Sharing your personal details
IPROW members’ details will be kept by IPROW’s accountants and any person who has a ’proper purpose’ may inspect the details of the register by making a request and paying the applicable fee.
The below are examples where it might be useful for us to be able to share your data:
- IPROW may disclose an individual’s name and work email address to other IPROW members and training course delegates with the aim of facilitating networking between members and enabling discussions on professional topics.
- IPROW will confirm whether an individual is a member of IPROW to any third party reasonably requesting the information.
- It will occasionally be necessary for IPROW to disclose personal information to other companies and contractors, to enable them to carry out work on IPROW’s behalf. These activities are carried out under contract and in compliance with the 1998 Act and GDPR. We will ordinarily only share your data with your consent; however, there may be rare occasions when limited data is shared on the grounds that doing so is in IPROW’s legitimate interests as permitted in GDPR.
Members’ rights and responsibilities
Members and other individuals with personal data held by IPROW have the right to access any personal data that is being kept about them on computer or in hard-copy. Any person who wishes to exercise this right should make the request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests will be fulfilled within 28 days of receipt, unless there is good reason for delay.
Members have the right to ask for correction of incorrect data or deletion of their personal data. All members are responsible for ensuring that any personal data that they provide to IPROW is accurate and that they inform IPROW of any changes to information which they have provided. If you wish to have your data removed then you may, but this could mean we are unable to contact you. To do so please contact email@example.com.
If a member or individual thinks that IPROW has breached their data protection right or if they have questions about this Privacy Notice, they can contact IPROW by mail at the following address: IPROW, PO Box 913, Lancaster, LA1 9NL. They may also contact IPROW by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IPROW is a not for profit organisation and is therefore exempt from the requirements to register as a data controller with the Information Commissioner for United Kingdom and Channel Islands. A named Director is appointed as the official Data Controller. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to contact the Data Controller. You can also report any breaches directly to the ICO https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Notification of changes of the Privacy Notice
IPROW reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time. Notice of any change will be posted on the IPROW website and will be deemed effective upon publication.
Dated: 22 May 2018
IPROW Policy Commitments
- IPROW has a formal Health and Safety Policy and takes all reasonably practicable steps to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of their employees. This duty extends to those who work at or from home, in accordance with the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- IPROW is committed to meeting and upholding the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). IPROW processes personal data subject to the appropriate legal safeguards as specified in the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the 1998 Act”) and the General Data Protection Regulations. A formal Privacy Notice is publicly displayed on the IPROW website. Staff and Directors abide by a formal Communications and information security policy.
- IPROW is committed to the protection and improvement of the environment and is working to develop a formal environmental policy.
- IPROW is committed to complying with all statutory obligations under Equality Act 2010.
- IPROW works to minimise the risk of modern slavery and human rights violations across its operation, pursuant to the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Copies of policies are available on request, via email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Commitments adopted by IPROW Board