The Institute of Public Rights of Way and Access Management is the professional body which represents individuals employed in the management of public rights of way and other access in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, principally as local government officers.
Its members cover the whole of the field of access work, from countryside rangers putting in gates to enforcement officers, path inspectors, strategic access developers and solicitors, as well as those maintaining the definitive map and making public path orders.
For more information on IPROW please see below this Covid-19 notice.
03/04/2020 Updated Guidance from Defra – see this link
27/03/2020 Covid-19. Public Right of Way and Open-space Use:
Please note the following guidance issued by the UK Government, in order to stay safe:
- Stay local and use open spaces near to your home where possible – do not travel unnecessarily.
You should only go outside alone or with members of your own household.
- Keep at least 2 metres apart from anyone outside your household at all times.
- Take hygiene precautions when you are outside, and wash your hands as soon as you are back indoors.
- Frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that are touched regularly.
- Follow the Countryside Code. Leave no trace of your visit and take your litter home. Keep dogs under effective control and leave gates as you find them or follow instructions on signs.
- Respect other people and protect the natural environment. Remember your actions can affect people’s lives and livelihoods.
- Gatherings of more than two in parks or other public spaces have been banned and the police will enforce this
- If you have a garden, make use of the space for exercise and fresh air
Thanks to everyone’s help I have now persuaded the powers that be that their advice was incorrect, and that s72 does indeed only refer to pavements. Three cheers for the IPROW forum! Why struggle without it?”
No matter what your field of work, membership offers better career opportunities, advice, updates of technical information, support, reduced training fees, exclusive professional development opportunities and much more.
Be sure of one thing in your work that you can rely on to be supportive, informative, beneficial and even fun! Join IPROW today and keep your cutting edge through hard times.