Supporting the rights of way community for 35 years
IPROW was established in 1986 as the membership organisation representing professionals involved in the management of public rights of way and access in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, principally as local government officers.
It has grown into an active and dynamic network providing advice, training, advocacy and networking to its members.
To represent and promote the views and interests of members, raise professional standards, encourage the exchange of ideas and information in public rights of way and access management, and foster communication and co-operation between related bodies.
- To represent and promote the views and interests of members in the fields of public rights of way and access
- To promote the professional standing of those who work in this profession
- To promote high standards in the management of public rights of way and access
- To encourage the exchange of ideas and information in the profession, and to foster communication and co-operation between related bodies
- To promote and foster a better understanding between rights of way and access professionals and the whole community
- A respected and influential voice for access professionals
- Consulted by government and representing members on national and local bodies concerned with rights of way and access policy
- Keeping access issues on the political agenda
- A leading provider of specialist training
- Successfully raising the media profile of members’ work
- Support and advice from experienced colleagues and eligibility for jobs that demand IPROW membership
- Being kept up to date with news, changes in legislation, significant case reports and recognised practice
- Facilitated networking, local benchmarking groups and regional seminars with colleagues for professional development
- Distribution of access jobs not advertised elsewhere
- A journal dedicated to their needs
- Reduced rates for training courses throughout the country
Thanks to everyone’s help I have now persuaded the powers that be that their advice was incorrect, and that S72 does indeed only refer to pavements. Three cheers for the IPROW forum! Why struggle without it?