As part of IPROW’s celebration of our 30th year we will be making a series of special awards at the Annual Update in Derby on the 10th and 11th October. This is your chance to nominate an individual or a team for a 30th Anniversary Award.
We are looking for individuals or teams who have made a significant contribution to the management of public rights of way. Individuals must be current IPROW members at the time of nomination and a nominated team must contain at least one current IPROW member (at the time of nomination) to qualify.
As it is not currently possible for you to check membership on this website, if you have any queries about membership contact Lisa Smith.
Nominations are entirely anonymous; we won’t tell individuals or teams who has nominated them, but we will tell them why they have been put up for an Award.
Nominations open now and must be received by midnight on 1 September 2016. IPROW staff, the Waymark Editor and the (R)Amblings team are barred from putting forward nominations, so it is entirely up to you to make sure we have candidates to consider. The results will be announced at the Update.
Rights of Way Team of 2016
- Who can be nominated? Any team of two or more people working for a local authority or working for a private contractor delivering rights of way services for a local authority. At least one member of the team must be an IPROW member at the date of nomination.
- Who can nominate a team for this Award? Any member of the team, any member of the team’s management, any councillor or any member of the public.
- What will the judges be looking for? A vibrant up-to-date professional team delivering good services to their community.
- How do I make a nomination? Nominations must be by email to Geri. Please tell who is in your nominated team and where the team works (and which local authority it delivers the rights of way service for) and why you think they deserve this Award.
Pearl anniversary member
- Who can be nominated? Any individual member of IPROW from any membership category, including retired and honorary members.
- The nominee must be a member of IPROW at the time of nomination.
- Who can nominate a member for this Award? Any other member of IPROW from any membership category, including retired and honorary members.
- What will the judges be looking for? An individual who has made a significant contribution to the development of the profession in the 12 months prior to the nomination.
- How do I make a nomination? Nominations must be by email to Geri. Please tell who you have nominated and why you think they deserve this Award.
IPROW’s Membership Group will also be considering offering an Award for the best original membership paper written and submitted as part of a membership application in the 12 months to end of July 2016. (To qualify for this Award the paper must be specifically written for the purpose of the application.)